1. We follow a time-tested approach to transformational change.
We have nearly 40 years of practical know-how, learned on the ground and backed by the technical skills of our specialists in agriculture, engineering, economics and public health. Over that time, we’ve developed a distinctive approach to transformational change rooted in the following principles:
- We know that communities are the best agents of their own change.
- We know that local markets are often the fastest, most durable drivers of economic recovery.
- We know that traditional development solutions will never adequately address the enormous challenges these communities face.
That’s why we approach each challenge with an open mind and a bias for action乐动体育APP. We listen to local people and prioritize their most urgent needs. We fix gaps to get markets up and running. We bring groups together to negotiate conflicts and strengthen civic participation, in the belief that all development success is built on the foundation of good governance.
2. We are efficient stewards of the money entrusted to us.
You can trust that your donations are used wisely. Over the last five years, Mercy Corps has used 86 percent of our resources to fund programs that help people in need around the world. Only 14 percent goes to administrative costs.
We have earned the highest ratings for efficiency, accountability and transparency from charity watchdog groups such as Charity Navigator and the Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance.
3. We deliver results.
乐动体育APPLast year, we provided vital assistance to nearly 28 million people and helped them transform their communities in more than 40 countries around the world. Some examples of our impact:
- Helping 2.5 million people survive the Syria crisis. We're supporting displaced families and their host community members by providing food, increasing access to clean water, and giving 50,000 young people safe places to play, learn and heal.
- Delivering clean water to 2.5 million people in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and in Jordan by rebuilding city-wide water systems.
- Teaching 147,500 people to grow new crops and harvest more food from their land in places like Sudan, Indonesia, Uganda and India.
- Keeping 306,000 people healthy with food and treatment for malnutrition in Guatemala, Niger, Ethiopia and the DRC.
- Ensuring 35,000 young people can continue their education in Somalia and Nepal.
- Providing training and loans for 270,000 people to expand their businesses and earn higher incomes in places Timor-Leste, Myanmar, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan and Mongolia.
4. We hold ourselves accountable both to donors and to the people we serve.
Chief among our core values is accountability. We believe that it is our duty to be effective stewards of the financial resources entrusted to us — it is first and foremost our pledge to you, our donors.
We monitor and evaluate the efficacy of our programs with a dedicated staff of specialists, and conduct regular internal and external financial audits. Our financial information and annual reports page乐动体育APP includes detailed, audited financial statements and tax-related documents filed with the IRS.
You can read our 2016 Strategic Roadmap to find out what guides Mercy Corps’ vision, challenges and goals for this fiscal year.
Still have questions? Get answers now by calling our Donor Relations team at (888) 842-0842, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.